Saturday, February 16, 2008

Overwhelmed...

So, I'm feeling very overwhelmed this week and weekend. I have had a ton of work to do coming back from maternity leave and jumping right back in to the middle of things at church; I'm taking the confirmation class on a retreat tomorrow and Monday that I still haven't finished planning, and Tim has been out of town since Wednesday... I am so far beyond being stressed, I'm not even sure what this state is. It's a bit like finals week in school, where every waking moment is spoken for, and I'm still not sure I'll get everything done.

I think this is what people mean when they say God brought them through a certain time. Because I know that if I'm still standing on Monday evening, that's why. I've been so grateful for the small (and large) graces I've received this week. Logistics for the retreat went from looking like a huge mess to falling smoothly into place in the space of a couple hours on Monday; I got to go home early on Wednesday instead of babysitting; and on the days when I have needed to be able to get things done, Quinn has taken nice long naps. She's taking one right now, in fact.



Isn't she an angel? The rest of my family has been very helpful as well, from holding the baby to watching her to finding other small ways to be supportive; I'm so glad to be living with my sister and brother and sister-in-law.

Even though I'm not convinced that God intervenes at such a micro-level in daily living, I am certainly feeling grateful to the universe.

1 comment:

Jacob said...

She is so precious!

I hope the Lenten season slows down and allows you some time to reflect and renew.

Looking forward to seeing you in Phoenix.

Blessings,

Jacob