Monday, February 18, 2008

Retreat

I survived taking the confirmation class on retreat. It was nice to get away; it seems like it is always easier for me to see glimpses of God at work in such a context. I've had much more experience as a participant in these kinds of things, and it's not the same sort of spiritual high from the other side (or at least, wasn't for me this time).

But all the same, I saw God: when the sulky kid finally smiled, about an hour after we got there, when the stressed-out kid said that he chose the word "peace" to focus on in our centering prayer, in the couple who not only opened their beautiful house to us, but also took the time to share their stories of faith with our group, and in the struggle for each of the kids to begin to find the words to share their own stories of faith.

1 comment:

BrownieCentral said...

Glad to hear that now, on monday night, you are still standing (so to speak). I hope you get to enjoy a small breather and time with Tim now that he's back.